BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Caetreviop543
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

My question requires IT, rather than code support. I'm using SAS Enterprise Guide version 7.12 HF4. There is an option to create projects, and within each project there is a column on the side bar labeled Project Tree with multiple SAS files.

I was in the process of creating a new project, and trying to copy and paste code from a previous project to the new project. When I saved all, the files in my original project were completely deleted and restored to older versions.When I go to the folder directory corresponding to my libname statement, the newest file is from 2017. 

Obviously I did something, but I don't know what. I am also confused as to what the "Process Flow" is for. When I click on the tables, it just tells me that the files don't exist, or that there's a data operation error. I don't know if I clicked on an older version of the process flow, and then accidentally saved. There are also a few files under 'Programs' which give me errors that "The file associated with this view could not be located". I attached a picture of what the project tree looks like. 

Has this ever happened to anyone, and if so, have they been able to retrieve their files?

Thanks in advance,

Emily 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Process Flow is a work area where you can manage multiple programs, tasks, reports, jobs, etc When you see something in the Process Flow that has a small arrow to it on left bottom, that means it is referenced. It exists somewhere physically and a shortcut is created in the Process Flow. Just like the application shortcuts you place on your laptop desktop.

If you have a file in a physical location (eg: C:\SAS_Programs\test.sas) and dropped this file to Process file then you can see it as referenced. Now, if you later change the file  location (eg: C:\SAS_Programs\new_programs\test.sas) then try to open the previous reference shortcut in Process Flow then you will get an error saying file doesn't exist.

If file is not from a physical location and just created in a Process Flow then it will be saved with the .egp which is a zip file type.

image.png

If you changed your physical location for the files then you can go to tools>project Maintenance and make necessary changes. Also for the dataset, they might be linked to programs or other tasks. You need to run the previous program that creates that dataset to access it.

image.png

In the above picture I can only open the TEST dataset only if program.sas file is executed. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Process Flow is a work area where you can manage multiple programs, tasks, reports, jobs, etc When you see something in the Process Flow that has a small arrow to it on left bottom, that means it is referenced. It exists somewhere physically and a shortcut is created in the Process Flow. Just like the application shortcuts you place on your laptop desktop.

If you have a file in a physical location (eg: C:\SAS_Programs\test.sas) and dropped this file to Process file then you can see it as referenced. Now, if you later change the file  location (eg: C:\SAS_Programs\new_programs\test.sas) then try to open the previous reference shortcut in Process Flow then you will get an error saying file doesn't exist.

If file is not from a physical location and just created in a Process Flow then it will be saved with the .egp which is a zip file type.

image.png

If you changed your physical location for the files then you can go to tools>project Maintenance and make necessary changes. Also for the dataset, they might be linked to programs or other tasks. You need to run the previous program that creates that dataset to access it.

image.png

In the above picture I can only open the TEST dataset only if program.sas file is executed. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation