BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
beta3badri
Calcite | Level 5

I have a list of 30 jobs running on a certain day of the month. So I wanted to build a sas code which is kind of like a summary that shows the JOBNAME, RUNDATE AND MONTH AND THE NUMBER OF EXCEPTIONS in all of them individually and I want this job to run every month so that I have a single file which has the report details. How do I go about doing this? Please suggest. If you have done it anytime, could you please share some code.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

@beta3badri wrote:

I have a list of 30 jobs running on a certain day of the month. So I wanted to build a sas code which is kind of like a summary that shows the JOBNAME, RUNDATE AND MONTH AND THE NUMBER OF EXCEPTIONS in all of them individually and I want this job to run every month so that I have a single file which has the report details. How do I go about doing this? Please suggest. If you have done it anytime, could you please share some code.

Where is that information stored? Is it in a SAS data set? External file? How to determine if any, and how many, exceptions occurred may be needed. An example of the data would be helpful.

Typically with something of this nature gathering the information is the hard part. Reporting counts within a time frame by grouping variables is generally pretty straight forward.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation