BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Emma_at_SAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am using SAS-Studio version 9.4 and recently every time I save my code (which is often), my mouse cursor moves to line 1. I wonder if anyone has a similar issue and/or have a suggestion.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

More information is required to help you:

- Are you using a local installation, SAS UE or SAS on demand?

- Which browser is used?

Emma_at_SAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you andreas_lds!

I am using a remote connection to SAS-Studio and my browser is Chrome. Before the update to version 9.4 by our department, I never had this issue. 

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@Emma_at_SAS wrote:

Thank you andreas_lds!

I am using a remote connection to SAS-Studio and my browser is Chrome. Before the update to version 9.4 by our department, I never had this issue. 

Maybe i am confused, but SAS Studio was not available prior to SAS 9.4. So if the admin installed something new, maybe they missed a hotfix.

Emma_at_SAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Good point! I will check and see what exactly they updated.

Thanks

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

This is going to be a function of the version of SAS/Studio you are running and independent of the version of SAS that it is using to run your SAS code.  To see the version number of SAS/Studio click on the ? in upper right and select About SAS Studio.

For example when I connect to SAS ODA It is showing version Release: 3.8 (Enterprise Edition)  Build date: Sep 1, 2020 11:12:26 AM

Emma_at_SAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks, Tom. I get this information. Does this show anything?

Release: 3.81 (Enterprise Edition)
Supported browsers:

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
  • Mozilla Firefox 21+
  • Google Chrome 27+
  • Apple Safari 6.0+ (on Apple OS X)

Build date: Aug 6, 2020 12:36:25 AM
SAS release: 9.04.01M7P08052020
SAS platform: X64_SR12R2 WIN

Copyright © 2012-2020, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

SAS/Studio runs in your browser. That causes a lot of trouble with keeping focus on the proper window.

In the SAS/Studio 3.8 in SAS ODA when I push the SAVE icon (looks like a 3.5 inch floppy) the line that I had the cursor stays highlighted by the focus moves from the editor "window" to the Server Files and Folders "window". So I have to click in the editor window to return focus to that part of the screen which causes the cursor to move to where I clicked.  It does not jump to the first line unless that is what I clicked on.

Emma_at_SAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Interesting! I tried saving my code while a part of my code was highlighted to see if I can keep the focus at the current part of the code but still my mouse cursor moves to the first line! I tried with a blank or not blank first line as well, but did not help. 

Emma_at_SAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If anyone has a similar issue, I thought I let you know that SAS experts have noticed this in Nov 2020 and are working to resolve the issue. You may check this page http://support.sas.com/kb/66921 for updates. I wish them success!

Thanks to everyone who sent me a suggestion!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation