BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Hello Experts,

I have this kind of error :

ERROR: Error opening XLSX file -> \\xxx.com\xxxPROD\xxx\\xxxx\xxx\xxx-.xlsx . It is either not an Excel spreadsheet or it is damaged. Error code=8000101D
Requested Input File Is Invalid
ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

But before the program was running without any error, file is also OK.

I have also the pop up message about the Configuration of SAS Add-In...

Could you help me please ?

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What do you mean by "the file is OK"? Note that Excel can open csv files that have a .xlsx extension.

Check if you get meaningful text data when you open the file with a text editor.

Another check is to open the file with a ZIP archive program (like 7-zip or WinZip) and see if that is possible and it contains several .xml files. True XLSX files are ZIP-compressed archives of XML files.

SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you for your answer, Kurt.
I mean that I never change the program and fiels. Yesterday evening it worked fine. I run the same program for 3d year and it worked. Today I can’t import the file.
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
I had an issue with the permission. Thank you, Kurt.
ballardw
Super User

@SASdevAnneMarie wrote:
Thank you for your answer, Kurt.
I mean that I never change the program and fiels. Yesterday evening it worked fine. I run the same program for 3d year and it worked. Today I can’t import the file.

When code has worked consistently then the file is the problem. It may be that someone changed something without you telling you (my IT department does this with permissions constantly) and possibly even changed how the file is made. There are processes/ people that will like to computers by creating a file in one format and then using an extension, such as XLSX to force it to open with a given program. HTML and CSV source files are relatively common for this behavior and XML not far behind. If someone has done that you may be able to open the program with Excel (or other spreadsheet program) but that program is translating the contents. SAS procedures such as, I am guessing, Proc Import check to make sure the file is of the correct structure.

If you can open that file with a text editor and the contents make sense at all the file is almost certainly not actually XLSX. Or change the extension to ZIP and see the contents. XLSX files are actually zipped, if you don't see any contents that make sense that is another clue the file content is not as your program expects.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation