BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
noetsi
Obsidian | Level 7

I have run into exactly the same issue as the original post. And it can't be an issue of it not being a sas data set. I built the data set it is referring to in sas (it refers to a work file). Code that referenced a library that worked last night is generating this error. 

ERROR: File DORA2.COUNSELOR.DATA is not a SAS data set.

I can see past results in this data base. It just won't let me build new tables. I even built a new libname and it won't let me use that.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please don't add a new problem to an existing post. You can always add a link to existing post from your new one.

Also when you are posting error messages, also include the SAS statements generating them, otherwise we are just guessing what you are doing to cause the error.

One possible cause for the corruption of a SAS dataset is lack of disk space to completely create it. Another possibility is faulty disk storage.

Ksharp
Super User

Try to repair this dataset.

proc datasets library=data;
repair have;
quit;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation