BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
davehalltwp
Quartz | Level 8

I have seen this question asked and answered many different times in many different places.  But in all my years I've never known a programmer who seems in practice to really know.

So, is there a simple way to control the order of execution of the objects in a batch EGP?  It seems the execute by default in the order they were added.  So there is an order.  I just don't know how...

4 REPLIES 4
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The order of execution is defined by the order in the process-flow, not by the order in the process tree. To ensure proper execution order, connecting the programs is recommended.

davehalltwp
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you. I understand that. But I don’t know how to do it.
davehalltwp
Quartz | Level 8

I went to <file> and <new>, and set up an ordered list.  It seems to work...

although, actually, as soon as one program has an error, it stops executing.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@davehalltwp wrote:

I went to <file> and <new>, and set up an ordered list.  It seems to work...

although, actually, as soon as one program has an error, it stops executing.

Well, i would call stopping execution when an error occurs the expected and wanted behaviour.

You right-click on a program and choose "connect to" - the exact name of the menu entry could depend on the version of SAS EG you are using.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation