BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SAShole
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi fellow SAS'ers!

Can anyone share or point me to a dark theme for the enhanced editor?

Thank you!!

Edit: I'm using PC SAS 9.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

You might define what you mean by a "dark theme" as well making sure we know which interface.

If you intend the Enhanced Editor in the SAS Display Manage I would suggest making your own. Then there is no reason to complain about a feature not quite right. It is not very difficult to do.

Make the Enhanced Editor the active window. Select Tools>Enhanced Editor from the menu. Go to the Appearance tab. Set the properties for each of the text types, comments, Data/Cards, etc. There is a small editor appearance window so you can see the changes as you set them.

When you have the appearance you like click on the "Save as" button. That will let you name and save the Scheme.

I do this to get rid of bolding of text the way SAS defaults so things line up and set properties so I can find the things that  often cause issues like formats/informats more easily.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

I know you're not a big EG user. But the latest versions of EG have a dark theme built-in, including an editor theme (named "Ignite").

This might be a good starting point for you, if you have EG 8.1 or 8.2 available.  You could set the dark theme and at least note the settings, save a scheme.  Unfortunately the particulars of custom schemes are buried in the Windows registry and aren't easily imported to another app...but you wouldn't let that slow you down, right?

Chris

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
himself
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I think for sas 9.4, there is no a settings on how to change the background of the editor.

rasmuslarsen
Obsidian | Level 7

I used this guide:

https://afrandsen.rbind.io/blog/2019/08/sas-9-4-enhanced-editor-custom-theme/

using this git-repository:

https://gist.github.com/afrandsen/84c2128098783a2c549b2356d4897480

It makes hundreds of adjustments and looks very nice:

SAS dark theme example.PNG

himself
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @rasmuslarsen , thanks so so much  for the link, I have found https://justgetflux.com/news/pages/v4/welcome/  "flux" reading now has been made simple as there is no bright light coming from the screen. 

I can now comfortably customize the screen light.

himself
Quartz | Level 8

himself_0-1616072913467.png

This is nice, one can also make some adjustment, its working for me and looks great, Hope we will get a way to customize the log, output , into dark mode. 

Thanks so so much for sharing the links @rasmuslarsen rasmuslarsen 

adrianet86
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello friend, Did you solve the log dark mode? I have the log dark reg entry, if you want it
himself
Quartz | Level 8
Hi, sure will appreaciate, kindly share via my inbox
adrianet86
Fluorite | Level 6
Ey body! This is beneficial for our developer eyes!!!

Tried in SAS Enterprise Guide 7.15...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 6 in conversation