BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KOREACOW
Calcite | Level 5

Hi guys!

I tired to log on to WRDS Data Base through SAS 9.4 and then suffering  kind of error like attached below...

How can I solve this problem? 

log

1 %let wrds=wrds.wharton.upenn.edu 4016;options comamid=TCP remote=WRDS;
2 signon username=_prompt_;
NOTE: Remote signon to WRDS commencing (SAS Release 9.04.01M7P080520)..
NOTE: The client session encoding euc-kr does not match the server session encoding utf-8. This may produce errors when moving
some character data. Search "SAS/CONNECT Encoding Compatibility" for details.
ERROR: Conversation termination; status=1.
ERROR: Remote signon to WRDS canceled.

1 REPLY 1
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

See Encoding Compatibility between SAS/CONNECT Client and Server Sessions 

"To successfully use SAS/CONNECT programming services, the encodings of the client and server sessions must be compatible.... If one session is using UTF-8 and the other session has an unknown, or unsupported, encoding, an error occurs and the connection is not made."

It appears that your SAS session encoding (Korean euc-kr) is not compatible with the server encoding (UTF-8). If you have the ability to start your local SAS session using UTF-8 encoding, you should try that. 

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation