BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Suzy_Cat
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi helpers,

I have searched in this community as well as other places, but could not find any solution for holding the email with automated info drafted.

What I want to achieve is run the program and an email will automatically generated an email but will not send so it can be human checked.

Any one can help with how to hold on to the email ? any options there?

Thanks in advance!

test email can be referenced here:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Send-Email-if-Nobs-if-not-dont/m-p/473012

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The module behind FILENAME EMAIL goes directly to a SMTP agent to send; drafts are done in a mail client before  anything is sent, and stored in a kind of database that the client (and yes, your gmail account IS a client) keeps. The FILENAME EMAIL does not have that functionality.

In another way: what SAS does (and the only thing it can do) is the equivalent of you hitting the "Send" button in your mail client.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@Suzy_Cat wrote:

Hi helpers,

I have searched in this community as well as other places, but could not find any solution for holding the email with automated info drafted.

What I want to achieve is run the program and an email will automatically generated an email but will not send so it can be human checked.

Any one can help with how to hold on to the email ? any options there?

Thanks in advance!

test email can be referenced here:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Send-Email-if-Nobs-if-not-dont/m-p/473012

You could send the mail to the human that has to check it.

Suzy_Cat
Pyrite | Level 9

@andreas_lds That is I would normally do - I am the one doing the human checking and then forward it to all other recipients.

Would love to discover if any chance to hold the email before sending it

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The module behind FILENAME EMAIL goes directly to a SMTP agent to send; drafts are done in a mail client before  anything is sent, and stored in a kind of database that the client (and yes, your gmail account IS a client) keeps. The FILENAME EMAIL does not have that functionality.

In another way: what SAS does (and the only thing it can do) is the equivalent of you hitting the "Send" button in your mail client.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation