BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Alessio98RM
Calcite | Level 5

I installed sas 9.4 but the editor label is completely black.

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

If you try to type in that window do you get any text?

You might try: Click in the editor window to make it active, go to Tools>Options>Enhanced Editor and click on the down arrow in the Scheme box and select a different scheme (which sets text foreground and background colors)

If there aren't any schemes then something may have had a problem during install.

Alessio98RM
Calcite | Level 5
when I click on enhanced editor it gives me error
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Alessio98RM wrote:
when I click on enhanced editor it gives me error

Then you should open a track with SAS Technical Support. I think you suffer from a faulty install.

Alessio98RM
Calcite | Level 5
I write on the editor but it is all black
hashman
Ammonite | Level 13

@Alessio98RM:

Try to close this window and, if you can, then go to View->Enhanced Editor.

Alternative: If this doesn't work and before you have it resolved with SAS Support, go to View, open Program Editor, and use it instead. (If it worked for me, I wouldn't care about fixing the Enhanced Editor issue since I never use it anyway since Program Editor's ISPF-like functionality suits me better.)

Kind regards

Paul D.   

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation