BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
anjankumar08
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Guys,

I'm getting below error message when I'm executing SAS code.

ERROR: Windows error code: 5 in hc_disk_close for C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\2\SAS
Temporary Files\_TD16076_ALUSFW-W10073_\sastmp-000000061.sas7butl, Access is denied.
ERROR: File WORK.'SASTMP-000000061'n.UTILITY is damaged. I/O processing did not complete.
ERROR: File WORK.'SASTMP-000000061'n.UTILITY is not open.

Need help

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you try the program on another PC if possible. If it works on that then your PC likely has a hardware or software fault.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

On the assumption that you are running SAS locally on your PC:

• check how much disk space you have free on your C drive - if your space is low delete any unneeded files including any old SAS temporary files
  • check if you have write access to C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\2\SAS
    Temporary Files by copying a test file into this location
anjankumar08
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using PC SAS and I have 56GB C drive free storage.

I have write access to this location C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\2\SAS
Temporary Files

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is this an intermittent problem or does it happen every time you run this program? Windows error code 5 relates to access being denied to update a file. If it is happening consistently then I suggest you open a Tech Support track with SAS.

anjankumar08
Calcite | Level 5

It happens everytime when every I run this program.  I will check with  Admin team.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you try the program on another PC if possible. If it works on that then your PC likely has a hardware or software fault.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation