BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hhchenfx
Barite | Level 11

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 PC that are connected to the same Network.

In PC-1, I can create library (named HP_E) link to a folder of PC-2.

After that, in PC-1 I can take SAS file from this library using proc copy (great!). 

However, in PC-1 cannot save file into that library or export csv file into that library.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you,

HHC

NOTE: Copying WORK.REPORT to HP_E.REPORT (memtype=DATA).
ERROR: User does not have appropriate authorization level for library HP_E

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

What do the permissions set on the folder in the file system areas seen from PC-1 looking at that folder on PC-2?

Likely based on how you allowed access. There are enough methods that might be involved you should describe just how you shared the folder, or file, on PC-2. One suspects the share in what ever method was set as Read only.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

What do the permissions set on the folder in the file system areas seen from PC-1 looking at that folder on PC-2?

Likely based on how you allowed access. There are enough methods that might be involved you should describe just how you shared the folder, or file, on PC-2. One suspects the share in what ever method was set as Read only.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation