BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Here is the libname that I am using to connect to Teradata from SAS. 

libname td2 teradata server=abc user=rbak schema=SDB;

Now we have SSO configured for SAS enterprise guide connection and SAS access to Teradata, so we don't have to provide the teradata password for the libname. However I get "Invalid username and password error" when trying to connect to Teradata. It works fine when I supply the password. 

I also verified the password by trying to directly connect to Teradata and it works fine. So what could be the reason of error when connecting from SAS?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
Are you connecting from your local box or a SAS server?
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Reeza - I am connecting from local box.

@SASKiwi  - We are on SAS 9.4 M5. In fact my libname used to work fine before. It's just not working now after I reset my Teradata password which ideally should not matter for SAS.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@RupaJ  - In that case the problem is with Teradata, not SAS if nothing has changed on the SAS side.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

According to this link single signon to Teradata using Kerboros was implemented in SAS 9.4M4 and later: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=acreldb&docsetTarget=p1djetrmbn53w3n0z737je0qpqt5.htm&docset...

What SAS version are you using? The way you have to specify your userid might be one of the variations in the link

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation