BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
qwerty12
Fluorite | Level 6

qwerty12_0-1677665874994.png

getting this error can any one help me out, let me know if you need more information

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Have you tried to increase the IBUFSIZE?

What is the variable length for each join variable?

Data never sleeps
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Assuming your ..._key variables aren't very long I can't really understand what could trigger the error. 

If the error message can be trusted then your index page size is already set to the maximum of 32KB and though you can't increase ibufsize any further. 

There is an old problem note about this here which indicates that even though an error message gets written to the SAS log you don't get an error condition. Is that true in your case? Does the SAS job continue to execute like there wouldn't be an error?

What you could try is one of the magic options (magic=101 or magic=102) as described in the whitepaper here to explicitly instruct the SQL compiler to not use a hash join - which according to the problem note is what creates the issue.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation