BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
chetan3125
Obsidian | Level 7

I have lot of keyboard macros and abbreviations and I want to back them up ALL at once. So that they can be saved in windows folder and can be imported later if I loose them for any reason. (SAS version update/ windows update etc. )

But, I don't see a way to export all those macros together. do I need to export them one by one only ?

Thanks for your help. 

Screenshot 2021-07-07 094624.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@chetan3125 wrote:
I did select all macros . but only one file gets saved.

This one file should contain all keyboard macro definitions (you can open the file with a text editor to check), but the default file name that SAS suggests is the "name" of the first keyboard macro (which can even be problematic if this isn't a valid file name).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

Do you see that little button at the bottom that says Export?

If you click on that you will be prompted for a location to save the information in a file that could later be brought back into SAS by using the IMPORT button.

Placing the file in a location that is "secure" and gets backed up is a good idea.

chetan3125
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes. I know about that export but it allows me to export only one file at a time not all.
If you see in the screenshot, I have selected all files in the window and trying to export them all .
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @chetan3125,

Before you click the "Export..." button select all keyboard macros to be exported (i.e., select the first, scroll down and select the last with SHIFT pressed).

chetan3125
Obsidian | Level 7
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@chetan3125 wrote:

This one file should contain all keyboard macro definitions (you can open the file with a text editor to check), but the default file name that SAS suggests is the "name" of the first keyboard macro (which can even be problematic if this isn't a valid file name).

chetan3125
Obsidian | Level 7

ok. I checked that one file in text editor and it shows most of them. 

Though I wanted to make sure that it contains all (have over 40) looks like it will be time consuming. 

SAS should have provided more user friendly and certain way to export. 

But thanks. it solves the issue for now. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation