BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
marina_unn
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear SAS users,

I am relatively new to EG and I cannot figure out how to download a plot to my local machine form EG server.

Here is the code I use to produce a plot, not sure it is the best one. The plot is saved under the "figs" folder on the server, but then I see no way to download it on Windows except sending it to Word (but I want to save it as a .png file on a Windows machine).

ods html path='/sasdata/user/mes515/sasuser.v94/NORSTENT/figs'(url=NONE) image_dpi=250;
ods graphics on /attrpriority=none imagename="image01" imagefmt=jpeg noborder;
proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
vbar sex;
run;
ods graphics off;
ods html close;

I would appreciate any help!

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @marina_unn 
Going by the paths you have posted in the forum, it appears that SAS is installed on a Linux server and users are using SAS EG as their client. Users home directory is on the Linux server and not accessible /mounted on the Windows client (Laptop/Desktop).
If this is indeed the case, one can use SCP/SFTP clients such as Filezilla to download  files from the home directory to the local machine (laptop/desktop).
For files of smaller size one can always write SAS code to email the file to themselves.
In your situation, if I have issues,  I would not hesitate to seek help from peers/seniors /SAS Admin/Local IT support whichever is feasible.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
marina_unn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @Kurt_Bremser ,

I can move the plot to /sasdata/user/mes515 directory, but I still cannot download or open it with Windows. When I try to open it, there is only a text file, and there is no option "download" of "save image as".  I mean I still cannot get the plot on my local machine, reagardless in which directory of SAS EG it is.

Is there any other solution I can try?

Marina

marina_unn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey @Kurt_Bremser ,

No, I cannot download an image from EG. If i right-click on in the image in my Home/sasuser.v94/NORSTENT/figs folder, I can choose from "Open, Delete, Link to, Rename, Copy or Properties". No option to download it. If I click on "Open", I get a text file opening on Windows (in the Notepad), so Windows does not see this file as an image at all.

As you suggest, I can check the size of the file under "Properties", it is 13.1 KB.

Do you think something is wrong in the way a plot is saved?  Here is the code I tried, using a sashelp dataset:

title "Example figure";
ods listing gpath="/sasdata/user/mes515/sasuser.v94/NORSTENT/figs";
goptions reset=all gsfname=grafout gsfmode=replace device=png;
ods graphics on /attrpriority=none imagename="heart_data" imagefmt=png noborder;
proc sgpanel data=sashelp.heart;
panelby weight_status / onepanel layout=columnlattice norvarname;
vbar chol_status / group=sex groupdisplay=cluster;
rowaxis grid;
run;

I would appreciate any more advice, I still cannot figure out how to save a plot as a file on Windows.

Thank you!

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @marina_unn 
Going by the paths you have posted in the forum, it appears that SAS is installed on a Linux server and users are using SAS EG as their client. Users home directory is on the Linux server and not accessible /mounted on the Windows client (Laptop/Desktop).
If this is indeed the case, one can use SCP/SFTP clients such as Filezilla to download  files from the home directory to the local machine (laptop/desktop).
For files of smaller size one can always write SAS code to email the file to themselves.
In your situation, if I have issues,  I would not hesitate to seek help from peers/seniors /SAS Admin/Local IT support whichever is feasible.

marina_unn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey @Sajid01 ,

Thanks for the explanation! Yes, I agree that in my case I should reach to SAS support at my organisation. 

But I will also check how to send an email with the plot form within SAS EG.

Marina

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation