BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
doesper
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a SAS Analytics Pro license running on my Windows 10 home computer.  I also have a hosted web site.  Is there any way for me to develop SAS applications where any web user could enter input values and receive output values or a SAS report without my incurring an additional expense?  This is a personal license, so as expensive as SAS is, I simply don't have the financial resources to purchase additional components over and above what I pay annually for SAS Analytics Pro.

My worry is that the only way to do this is to purchase an additional SAS license that would run on my web site's hosted server.

And here's another related topic, perhaps even more "pie in the sky":

Someday, somehow, I would like to see SAS Institute provide the ability to compile a SAS program (where the user is prompted for input and receives output) into an executable file (.exe) that the user could run without needing a SAS license.  They, of course, would not be able to de-compile the executable nor make any changes to the program, but they would be able to run an application I create for them.  This would perhaps make SAS a bit more competitive in an increasingly open source environment...

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

There are several ways to accomplish the first part of your question. I would suggest discussing this with the SAS marketing folks to see which methods may more specifically meet your desire and budget. Since we do not know all of the SAS modules you may currently have licensed it is real hard to say anything about without incurring additional expense.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

I see a conflict between "personal license" and "any web user".

ballardw
Super User

There are several ways to accomplish the first part of your question. I would suggest discussing this with the SAS marketing folks to see which methods may more specifically meet your desire and budget. Since we do not know all of the SAS modules you may currently have licensed it is real hard to say anything about without incurring additional expense.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation