BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear SASians,

Below is the part of code which I am using to create data set out of created report. Its working well and good in SAS EG(Unix platform). If I run the same code via unix command or shell script, I am getting below mentioned error which states some column width error.

Can any one explain why is it working fine in SAS EG(in adhoc run) and not working  fine when running thru Unix command??

Log :

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set WORK.MAIL.
WARNING: The data set X.EXISTING may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 1 observations and 12 variables.
WARNING: Data set X.EXISTING was not replaced because this step was stopped.
NOTE: PROCEDURE REPORT used (Total process time):
      real time           0.04 seconds
      cpu time            0.04 seconds

ERROR: The width of ZP_FL_NM is not between 1 and 132. Adjust the column width or line size.

Code:		PROC REPORT DATA=work.MAIL nowd HEADLINE HEADSKIP out=X.Existing
				style (report) = {background = white
				font_face = "Verdana" font_size = 7pt just=left bordercolor=grey rules=All frame=box}
				style (column) = {background = white CELLHEIGHT = 2.5%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

ODS has a different default destination when programs are run from the commandline opposed to in a workspace server (EG).

In batch, there's always ODS LISTING open, which has certain limits (especially linesize) not present in ODS TAGSETS.SASREPORT13 (the default in EG).

Use

ods listing close;

in your programs to prevent attempted output to the LISTING destination, and then set up your preferred destination (HTML, PDF, ...).

arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello Brem,

Thanks for your input , but I am already using ods html and also closed the it and the end as mentioned in below code. still I am not getting an error. Please help me to get rid of it

%macro send_email;
        %if &send_email eq 1 and &send_emailuat eq 1 %then
                %do;
                        FILENAME MailBox EMAIL

TO=(
                                'Myself<XX.com>'

ods html3 text = "Have a Great Day!";
                        ods html3 text = "Regards,";
                        ods html3 text = "ARun";
                        ods html3 close;
                        run;
                        title;
                %end;
arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9
Oops 😁, sorry it was typo..still i am getting same error..

Plz help !
arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @Kurt_Bremser

here is the step of log where I am getting error and its relevant code . Thanks!

Code:

PROC REPORT DATA=work.MAIL nowd HEADLINE HEADSKIP out=X.Existing
314                                     style (report) = {background = white
315                                     font_face = "Verdana" font_size = 7pt just=left bordercolor=grey rules=All frame=box}
316                                     style (column) = {background = white CELLHEIGHT = 2.5%
317                                     font_face = "Verdana" font_size = 7pt just=left }
318                                     style (header) = {foreground = cx5e2750 font_face="Verdana"
319                                     font_size = 8pt just=left
320                                     };
321                                     columns zp_fl_nm File_Size dlvry_id start_time end_time duration Trigger_File Load_Stats
322                                             Stats_Report DQ_Report start_time1;
323                                     define zp_fl_nm/display 'PROD_File_Name';
Logs :

ERROR: The width of ZP_FL_NM is not between 1 and 132. Adjust the column width or line size.
^L14                                                         The SAS System                     Saturday, January 26, 2019 06:00:00 PM

NOTE: This affects LISTING output.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set WORK.MAIL.
WARNING: The data set X.EXISTING may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 1 observations and 12 variables.
WARNING: Data set X.EXISTING was not replaced because this step was stopped.
NOTE: PROCEDURE REPORT used (Total process time):
      real time           0.04 seconds
      cpu time            0.05 seconds

arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks @Kurt_Bremser  . It works 🙂 I misplaced ODS close so that it wasnt working before

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation