KevinViel
Pyrite | Level 9

If one use functions such as {thispage} and {lastpage}:

footnote7 font    = "Courier New"
          height  = 8pt 
		  justify = r
          "Page ~{thispage} of ~{lastpage}"
          ;

with output sent to the ODS DOCUMENT designation, is it possible to make it static when one REPLAY's it with the DOCUMENT procedure?

I have a request to collate multiple RTFs with a ToC, but to keep the original page numbering.  If I collate three RF of two pages each, in the second the page number is Page 3 of 6, not Page 1 of 2.  I suspect that the answer may be "no" since it seems to be something that the program rendering the RTF, such as MS Word, creates the values.

Thank you,

Kevin

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

The mysteries of Word and footnote content are many. This would, IIRC, involve the section break properties and "don't continue numbering from previous section" or similar menu choice when manually creating a Word document.

If you can find the RAW RTF code to do such you may be able to insert using the RAW function with Escapechar similar to the ~{thispage}. Maybe. I suspect that getting the order of function calls correct in relation to the document may be pretty challenging.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation