BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
YTH
Calcite | Level 5 YTH
Calcite | Level 5

I am taking SAS programming 1, in the lesson 2, in the activity of Accessing Data Through Libraries ask us to create a library named NP, I followed the instruction, but I cannot find the NP library in the list of libraries. Is anything wrong in my code and how to access the library that you created?

Code: libname NP xlsx "/folders/myfolders/EPG194/data/np_info.xlsx";

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 4.16.42 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Here's what I see when I run the LIBNAME code on my OnDemand account:

np_info_results_SODA.png

You should be seeing something similar for your University Edition program.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

I would check that the path and file name are correct - typically when you assign a library the error comes not when you make the assignment but when you try to use the library. I'm not sure why you are not seeing the library in my libraries but that explains why you haven't seen an error in the log.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Look under Files and Folders. Then in the EPG194 data folder, look for the NP_INFO.XLSX file. If you see the file, that means your data creation program ran correctly. If you do NOT see the file in your Files and Folders pane, then you need to go back to the beginning and run the program that MAKES the data for the class.

Hope this helps,
Cynthia
YTH
Calcite | Level 5 YTH
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

I see the NP_INFO.XLSX file in the EPG194, and the program does run correctly, so there is no warning message in the Log. However, I cannot find the NP in the list of the libraries, which is a weird situation if the data creation ran correctly.

YTH
Calcite | Level 5 YTH
Calcite | Level 5
The path and the file name are correct, and I actually don't see any error
in the log, but I cannot find NP in the libraries.

Thanks anyway!
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19
Have you refreshed the library list?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Here's what I see when I run the LIBNAME code on my OnDemand account:

np_info_results_SODA.png

You should be seeing something similar for your University Edition program.

Cynthia

YTH
Calcite | Level 5 YTH
Calcite | Level 5

Instead of just typing libname NP xlsx "/folders/myfolders/EPG194/data/np_info.xlsx";

I added two more statements:

proc contents data=np._all_ nods;

run;

and now I can see the NP in the libraries.

Thank you!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation