BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Amir
PROC Star

Hi,

Amir_1-1704717767788.png

For future reference, please see volatile and violate .

Thanks & kind regards,

Amir.

Ronein
Meteorite | Level 14

I am allowed to create only volatile 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Ronein wrote:

I am allowed to create only volatile 

That will make it harder to work with Teradata, unless things have changed in the past 5 years.

We used to create small permanent individual or team databases for users so that they could store things temporarily.

It was especially important when needing to upload some data into Teradata so it could be used to drive the Teradata queries.  For example to upload a set of IDS to use to subset from the large database. With a permanent table you could use BULKLOAD (fastload?) feature and so jobs would run much faster than when trying to copy the same amount of data into a volatile table.

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@Ronein 

Have you considered using CTE(s) instead of Volatile Tables in Teradata?

https://support.teradata.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=c258c3671b97fb00682ca8233a4bcba2

https://support.teradata.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=45d68bef1b57fb00682ca8233a4bcb55

If you only want to derive subset of data based on information held in another derived table/query, CTE might be a better option!? The above two links might provide you with some insight.

Disclaimer: I have used CTE(s) before with Snowflake but not Teradata.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 in conversation