BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DLROW
Quartz | Level 8

Hi - Can you please let me know how to write the program to count number of web hits for each month in SAS EG?

7 REPLIES 7
JOL
SAS Employee JOL
SAS Employee

Need more information, what does your data source look like?

DLROW
Quartz | Level 8

I was given an URL (website) and asked to get the hit count. I am not sure if this can be done from SAS. I did look into PROC HTTP which cannot do anything on this requirement I guess. I also searched but couldn't find any solution. My thought is, coding should be done on the website itself and I can not do any coding from SAS. Please suggest.

JOL
SAS Employee JOL
SAS Employee

SAS works on table (row, column) structured data.  You would need those hits imported into some sort of table file structure, or a delimited file that can be converted to a table.

DLROW
Quartz | Level 8

I thought so. Thank you.

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

There's no way you can get a hit count just by knowing the URL.

You need access to the log files.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

One would need access to the access_logs on the server in order to count the web hits.

Consider using SAS Web Analytics. Have a look at theis paper https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings/proceedings/sugi31/016-31.pdf 

DLROW
Quartz | Level 8

I'll look into it. Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation