BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all of my friends in the community, I hope this message finds all of you well.

I am practicing the following task  from NHANES

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/tutorials/nhanes/Preparing/CleanRecode/Task1.htm

but I couldn't find the source doe mentioned in the animation and the tutorial, then I tried to find the demo_BP dataset too, I couldn't find it either.

Thank you very much

I am looking forward to your answer.

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
That is a CDC tutorial. If no one here has used that tutorial or has an answer you may want to look for help on the CDC site.
Cynthia
ballardw
Super User

Having worked with and around CDC for nearly 23 years I have found that they have a hard time maintaining their websites and links. Sometimes if you know what a file name should be you can use the search the website tool to find "misplaced" items.

It may also be a good idea to see if you can find the "vintage" of anything you use. If any of the files are more than a couple years old you are likely to encounter renamed actual files "Demonstration_BP" instead of "Demo_BP" or pages. Sometimes start at the top level of a project like NHANES and check other link trees.

seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello and thank you very much for your reply, you are completely right, they need to just put a link to the related dataset and SAS source file in each task tutorial, I just sent them an email as follows

"

I am practicing the following task  from NHANES

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/tutorials/nhanes/Preparing/CleanRecode/Task1.htm

but I couldn't find the source doe mentioned in the animation and the tutorial, then I tried to find the demo_BP dataset too, I couldn't find it either.

Unfortunately, there isn't a link in Task tutorials to the Source file and dataset. there are just links to the animations. my request is to insert a link to the sas source file and the related dataset (fro example demo_BP) in each task tutorial, in this case you will help me and other users a lot.

Thank you very much

Deeply appreciated,

I hope this email works, I think if you send them an email, they will notice it and will correct it.

Thank you again for your reply

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation