BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jsbyxws
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,  

I used the macro (http://pharma-sas.com/a-sas-macro-to-combine-portrait-and-landscape-rtf-files-into-one-single-file/) on one scenario and found the page number did not keep the original one. Instead pages is from 1 to N where N is the number of total pages of combined RTF file. The reason I suspect is that RTF code when opened in NotePad++ contains page information like this 

\fldinst { PAGE }}}{ of }{\field{\*\fldinst { NUMPAGES }}} .

And this is probably due to fact that RTF code "^{pageof}" in used in proc report in SAS program to create the RTF file.  

Can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So what is your question?

Are you asking if there is RTF syntax that allows numbering to restart from 1 when you start a new section of the file?

That is probably a question you should ask on an RTF or Microsoft forum.

jsbyxws
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for asking!

For example, I want to combine two rtf files, each has 1 page. Each page is "1 of 1" with page number . But the combined rtf file has "1 of 2" and "2 of 2". This is NOT what I wanted. What I wanted is the original page: "1 of 1" and "1 of 1".

To create two rtf files with SAS, I use "^{pageof}", where "^" is escape character. See code below to create two dummy rtf files: RTF1.rtf and RTF2.rtf. 

jsbyxws_0-1663900670634.png

And RTF1.rtf is like below:

jsbyxws_2-1663901176005.png

The combined rtf file is like below for page 1. You can see page now is "1 of 2".

jsbyxws_1-1663900956324.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation