BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wmjklein
Calcite | Level 5

The shortcuts documentation states that the key combination Alt-L will clear the log but nothing happens when I issue that commnand. Could someone please tell me what might be going wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Edit->Clear All

In the Log window only, Ctrl-N clears the log

or you can change the keystroke combination Ctrl-L to clear the log.

--
Paige Miller
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

If you want a fresh log every time you run in Display Manager, you could just put this at the top of your SAS program:

DM "log; clear; ";

Jim

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@jimbarbour wrote:

If you want a fresh log every time you run in Display Manager, you could just put this at the top of your SAS program:

DM "log; clear; ";

Jim

You can also assign it to a keyboard shortcut key.

--
Paige Miller
wmjklein
Calcite | Level 5

Thank all of you for your generous help.

I have been a SAS user for many years, progressing through all the releases in Windows. Now I want to transfer that valuable experience into the virtual iCloud SAS platform on my Windows 10 laptop.

I have started at the beginning by learning the functions of the icons at the top of the SAS Studio code page.

The Introduction to the SAS Studio says to choose a perspective by using the Options menu on the toolbar. I hovered my mouse over each icon but none mentions Options.

I am running the SAS Studio inside Firefox where the key strokes Ctl-N and Ctl-L cause Firefox to start a fresh session or to terminate completely. I must learn how to create a shortcut that is unaffected by the browser.

The shortcut menu in Windows version of SAS was very handy, and I created some of my favourite keystrokes in it. Could someone please tell me how to replicate it in SAS Studio so that they don’t conflict with my Web browser.

Thank you

SASKiwi
PROC Star

All the previous responses assumed you were using the SAS Windowing Environment aka Display Manager.

Now that we know you are using SAS Studio (but which Version?) have you searched the documentation for your answers?

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

When using SAS Studio, the log is cleared with each new run. What's your need?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation