BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello All,

I have done mail automation using SAS ,  but the delivery id is been like SAS-sytem@XX.com default SAS mail id on behalf on my personal id. So is there any way I can change the default mail id of SAS system temporarily  and use some other name??

Please do the needful. Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

If I understand you correctly, you want to change the name/address of the sender, so that you can send on behalf of your department or whatever.

You can do that using the FROM= option in the email filename specification. You can also specify the return address using the SENDER=option (if the mail cannot be delivered, the error message will be sent to the email address given here).

You can also do it dynamically, by using PUT "!EM_FROM! <address>" or PUT "!EM_SENDER! <address>" in your datastep.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If you're using SAS Codes to shoot an email, you can use filename statement, SMTP Access method, Here's a link:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002058232.htm

In this method you've option "From=" ; Use this option in and give it to the other name;
For eg:

from="Kalind Patel <Kalind.Patel@xxx.com>";

Hope it helps!

arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9

Now I am getting mail like from : SAS-System@xxx.com on Behlaf My Personal ID<arun.ramji@XX.com>.

I want to change the SAS system mail id to some other Mail id or else want to hide it..

s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

If I understand you correctly, you want to change the name/address of the sender, so that you can send on behalf of your department or whatever.

You can do that using the FROM= option in the email filename specification. You can also specify the return address using the SENDER=option (if the mail cannot be delivered, the error message will be sent to the email address given here).

You can also do it dynamically, by using PUT "!EM_FROM! <address>" or PUT "!EM_SENDER! <address>" in your datastep.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation