BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
greesamu
Obsidian | Level 7

Howdy! I'm using the exact same version of SAS on two different devices but the output looks completely different between the two. 

I really don't like the formatting pictured first, and want to change it to look like the second picture. I'm having trouble searching for the answer because I can't find the words to describe what's wrong. 

Ugly, don't want this.Ugly, don't want this.Pretty, do want this.Pretty, do want this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
The first output you have the default results set to ODS LISTING destination and the second is the default HTML.
Set your preferences to use ODS HTML as the default output type instead of listing - this is a Tools/Preferences change that depends exactly on which tool you're using, ie it's in a different place in EG/Studio/Base

Google tool + change default output destination

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
The first output you have the default results set to ODS LISTING destination and the second is the default HTML.
Set your preferences to use ODS HTML as the default output type instead of listing - this is a Tools/Preferences change that depends exactly on which tool you're using, ie it's in a different place in EG/Studio/Base

Google tool + change default output destination
greesamu
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks!!

The code I found was 

ods listing close;

ods html;

and it worked like a charm!

Reeza
Super User
Yes but then you have to put that in every program and every session. If you want the change to persist across sessions you should change it in preferences/settings.

greesamu
Obsidian | Level 7
aaaah, got it. Updated that, thanks again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation