BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

forgot how to create data file for sas programming 2 courses. Did it before for programming 1 but I forgot and instruction is confusing.

Ben_in_Canberra_0-1666213673858.png

so in task 1, I downloaded the zip file and extract the zip file onto my desktop with file path of "C:\Users\benja\OneDrive\Desktop\EPG2V2" 

that's is the obviously choice since SAS can not be unzipped in SAS studio, I tried it, uploaded the whole zip and cant find the option to unzip it in Sas studio.

Ben_in_Canberra_1-1666214101649.png

in Task 2 step 2 and 3 ask me to navigate to EPG2V2 folder and double click libname.sas which can not be opened in SAS Studio. But that folder is located on my desktop and I can not open .sas file unless it is in sas Studio.

What am I suppose to do here?

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

okay, I was an idiot. I used instruction for stand alone SAS Studio software instead of SAS OnDemand version of SAS studio.

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Upload the unzipped files from your computer to the SAS Studio location sounds like the intent. Not copy the Zipped files to studio.

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

you can not upload folders onto SAS Studio.

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

okay, I was an idiot. I used instruction for stand alone SAS Studio software instead of SAS OnDemand version of SAS studio.

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

didn't know I can also earn a badge by accepting my own reply as a solution lol

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation