BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rishadnp
Calcite | Level 5
Hello There,

Im getting error message while trying to send email through Base SAS 9.3.
Outlook 2016 is not detecting while trying to send email from sas 9.3 64 bit. MS office outlook is 34 bit.
Appreciate if someone can guide me with a solution
10 REPLIES 10
Reeza
Super User
@sabisw My edit was to fix the link (had an extra space at the end), no change to your answer.

@rishandnp what error did you receive?
Rishadnp
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you. let me review and confirm
Rishadnp
Calcite | Level 5
Error mesage is ;
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.”

My outlook is the default mail client!
Reeza
Super User

Are you running this in batch or as a stored process? Or on a server installation?

@Rishadnp wrote:
Error mesage is ;
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.”

My outlook is the default mail client!

Rishadnp
Calcite | Level 5
Stored process
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Stored processes run on a server, and servers often have no typical client software. Make sure that a mail conduit is installed and up on the server, and have it configured into SAS.

Rishadnp
Calcite | Level 5
Im not sure i understand your advise correctly. Below is the brief of my requirement.

I have master excel files stored in a folder (on my desktop). I use sas codes for sending files to multiple department managers daily . Not sure if this can be categorised as stored process.
Reeza
Super User

You stated you were running this as a stored process. A stored process is not run locally on your computer. The fact that Outlook is installed on your computer is irrelevant because the process is on the server. So the server must have Outlook or some email client.

A stored process in EG is a very specific task, so you likely would be pretty certain if you're working with a stored process or not. 

But I suspect you are working on a server that doesn't have Outlook as indicated. As well, the account that runs the stored process won't be yours and the email account it comes from may be different. 

Can you run a test example using the paper referenced and get that to work? I would start by making sure it works at all on your computer and then getting it work specifically for your project. 

Post your code and errors if you continue to have issues.

@Rishadnp wrote:
Im not sure i understand your advise correctly. Below is the brief of my requirement.

I have master excel files stored in a folder (on my desktop). I use sas codes for sending files to multiple department managers daily . Not sure if this can be categorised as stored process.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation