BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

When I press = once, I would always get double == after the right parenthesis of a function.

Using SAS OnDemand studio.

any help would be great

Nietzsche_0-1678873061706.png

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
12 REPLIES 12
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

I've been able to replicate and expand on this problem. I think this is a bug, so I'll contact tech support.

SoDA.gif 

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

thanks, the issue has been there a couple of weeks old now at least.

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

btw, how did you capture gif and upload it?

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

I used LICEcap (open source, GPL license) to create the animated GIF screen capture.

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

@Nietzsche - I've opened a tech support track on this, and we have verified that this is indeed a bug. The dev team is working on a fix. With Firefox there is related but different issue: while double characters are no longer a problem, sometimes the character you type gets inserted to the RIGHT of the cursor, so subsequent typing “pushes” the character ahead of the cursor:FireFox.gif

In any case, we're working the problem! I'll post here again when it is fixed. 

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

@Nietzsche - SAS is working on a hot fix for SAS Studio, but in the meantime, we've found this workaround: turning off autocomplete in the Editor options for SAS Studio eliminates this problem.

SoDA_WorkAround.gif 

ballardw
Super User

Does this happen when you place a space after the ) before the =?

It might also have to do with the bit of placing a WHERE statement in a location not acceptable for syntax. WHERE statement should come before the RUN for a procedure.

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

yep the bug still exist. It should be a sas studio bug because the same issue does not happen when I type in the same code in SAS EG on work computer.

Nietzsche_0-1678917330632.png

ballardw
Super User

Which browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Okay, so I tried this on Firefox, and I can NOT replicate the problem. 

So I clearly cache and cookies on Chrome, but the issue persists. 

Is seems to be Chrome specific problem.

ballardw
Super User

@Nietzsche wrote:

Okay, so I tried this on Firefox, and I can NOT replicate the problem. 

So I clearly cache and cookies on Chrome, but the issue persists. 

Is seems to be Chrome specific problem.

I seem to remember seeing a number of posts with SAS University Edition related to every Chrome update seeming to have some issue caused by the browser.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation