BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Buzzy_Bee
Quartz | Level 8

Maybe this is a little off topic since it's not a programming question, but does anyone know what the SAS programming job market is like in Germany? I've tried looking up SAS jobs in Germany this year, but the only jobs that pop-up seem to be for clinical SAS programmers working in pharmaceutical research and clinical trials. While I'm aware that Germany is a big player in the global pharma market, I was really surprised not to see banks, insurers and other financial institutions advertise for SAS analysts or programmers. My German language skills are intermediate, so I can understand the gist of job advertisements written only in Deutsch.

It just seems strange to me that SAS seems to be so popular in the pharma industry there, but apparently not so popular in other industries? Thanks for any insights into this 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Austria speaking 😉

Right now, we are looking for a SAS developer/administrator (a second replacement for me, so that the crew will still be three when I retire).

Banking/insurance companies will maintain pages for job vacancies on their websites (at least we do), so it's up to you to scan those regularly.

Also set up profiles on LinkedIn and Xing, so the "headhunters" can find you.

Look at your PM inbox.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Austria speaking 😉

Right now, we are looking for a SAS developer/administrator (a second replacement for me, so that the crew will still be three when I retire).

Banking/insurance companies will maintain pages for job vacancies on their websites (at least we do), so it's up to you to scan those regularly.

Also set up profiles on LinkedIn and Xing, so the "headhunters" can find you.

Look at your PM inbox.

Buzzy_Bee
Quartz | Level 8

Vielen Dank Herr Bremser. That's an excellent point about checking the employers' websites directly. In English speaking nations, we tend to just use large job seeker websites, so I only checked the job main sites when I searched for SAS jobs in Deutschland. 

And good point about Österreich also. I hadn't thought about checking in Österreich, mainly because I've heard that the main cities in Deutschland, such as Berlin and Munchen, are fairly tolerant of native English speakers with limited Deutsch. Would you say employers in Vienna are somewhat forgiving of English speakers trying to learn Deutsch? I've heard that some multinational companies in Europe insist on using English as the primary language at work, even when they are based in Deutsch speaking nations.  

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Being able to communicate in English is a requisite for international companies nowadays. OTOH, acquiring fluency in German will help for workplace communication and your everyday life outside the workplace 😉

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation