BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnirbanJD1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Users and Members,

While the headwinds of Open source or open source driven technologies/cloud technologies pose a serious threat to the SAS technologies and expansion, I , being a senior practitioner in this domain, is severely concerned.  I have come across many posts related to SAS ETL conversion to Databricks/Python, SAS to Python , SAS to Cloud technologies and it is surprising to see Cloud vendor(s) , even with strategic alliances with SAS, are pitting their technologies against SAS. I have started going through the presentations/discussions related to the recently held SAS Innovate, but I would like to ask the larger audience( not only for SAS programming) that if concrete steps/roadmap is devised to counter the headwinds in the domains of Data integration/Data management and other areas?

1 REPLY 1
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Contract jobs for converting SAS and macro programs to SQL are becoming more common. I pity the poor soul who has to accept such a contract. It must not be a fun job rewriting tasks from a feature-rich language like to to SQL. Like trying to paint Mona Lisa with crayons. Though some have done a good job with the latter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgj40520PZY

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation