BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JokerWang
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

To model response variable which has 3 or more categories, the options link = glogit seems able to list all the odds ratio in each response categories, comparing to the reference category; Or I can process my datasets to several binary response dataset, by recoding the other categories to ".", and model them one by one, left the link options by default. 

So which one is the right method to model the response variable with 3 categories (ordinary), and when should I use the link options? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

GLOGIT link means response functions called generalized logits.

This is meant for a nominal response (>2 categories).

When your response variable y is ordinally scaled, you need a cumulative logit model.

You can take the detour via multiple binary models, One-vs-All or One-vs-One, and then voting, but I wouldn't do that. The multiple binary models are also better to replace a multi-class Classification with a multinomial response (not so much an ordinal response).

Good luck,

Koen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

GLOGIT link means response functions called generalized logits.

This is meant for a nominal response (>2 categories).

When your response variable y is ordinally scaled, you need a cumulative logit model.

You can take the detour via multiple binary models, One-vs-All or One-vs-One, and then voting, but I wouldn't do that. The multiple binary models are also better to replace a multi-class Classification with a multinomial response (not so much an ordinal response).

Good luck,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation