BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Santt0sh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi All,

I am not sure what's wrong with my PC SAS 9.4(OS Windows ver 6.2.9200.

When I try to click open any .Sas program it starts executing or running without me hitting F3 or submit the selection.
This is causing problems overwriting the The existing datasets if run successfully.

Can you please guide me on this?

Regards,
Santosh
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @Santt0sh,

Just in case you haven't seen it: The recent discussion Double clicking .sas file opens 9.4 but not the file contains a link to a relevant SAS "Problem Note" as well as suggestions on how you can quickly open .sas files without the risk of submitting code accidentally.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I suspect that want you are talking about is browsing to a SAS program file in Windows Explorer and double clicking it.

So it appears that on your machine that action is mapped to running the program instead of editing the program.

Do you have a local SAS admin that is responsible for installing SAS on your machine?  If so ask them how to change the default action.  Otherwise you might need to figure out how to do that yourself using Windows, but that is getting harder as Windows keeps changing how it works.

It might just be easier to change your behavior. On my machine when I right click on a .SAS file this menu pop-ups up.  As you can see the OPEN choice is set as the default action, but there are other actions I could pick.

Tom_0-1657808012952.png

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @Santt0sh,

Just in case you haven't seen it: The recent discussion Double clicking .sas file opens 9.4 but not the file contains a link to a relevant SAS "Problem Note" as well as suggestions on how you can quickly open .sas files without the risk of submitting code accidentally.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation