BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Josh2
Calcite | Level 5

I ran into this problem on June 14 2017, after updating my Windows 10. 

I don't have anything to contribute here. Just want to exert more pressure on SAS team for a solution, since I need this problem solved for my summer class.

customer
Calcite | Level 5

I got the same error message, followed by ERROR: Failed to attach to Java during SAS startup. I emailed SAS support and the following was their reply on April 28, 2017.

Dear Customer,

The error that you are experiencing begins to appear in SAS running on Windows 10 after the installation of recent Microsoft updates.We have tried several things here to circumvent the problem, but so far, nothing we have tried here appears to consistently fix the issue.  We appreciate your patience and cooperation in working to resolve this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by it.

I will tell you  ASAP, if i have good news.

Regards,

SAS Technical Support

Apparently, there is no good news yet as I have not received any updates from them.

art297
Opal | Level 21

I don't know if this is related, but I discovered something by accident (NOT RELATED TO SAS) that seems strange, but worked.

Don't know if it has anything to do with the Microsoft update, but my problem occured right after that update.

Just out of curiosity .. do you happen to be using a wireless mouse or keyboard? If so, and if you happen to have non-wireless varities, temporarily replace all bluetooth devices with their wired counterparts.

My problems went away, I rebooted, reconnected the bluetooth devices, and haven't run into the problems again (although its only been a week now since I did that).

Like I said, I have no reason to think that might be your problem, but worth a try to find out.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Surface
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your reply. My work is busy these days. In order to use SAS I've reloaded systems and now I'm using Windows 8.1 systems I have a Dell computer. but also have this problem (system also is windows 10__1703update ( ▼-▼ )) I'll try again this weekend. I think it should be a problem with Windows 10__1703update I don't have a Bluetooth devices
Surface
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your reply. I'm waiting for your good news. I have a Dell computer. but also have this problem (system also is windows 10__1703update ( ▼-▼ ))
AndreasMenrath
Pyrite | Level 9

I experienced the same problem. We use another anti-virus software at our company and usually deactivate Windows Defender. However the Creators Update reactivated it.

If Windows Defender is deactivated again, SAS starts without the error and Java Procedures like PROC JAVAINFO are working again.

I hope this helps you.

m_dash
Fluorite | Level 6

I have attempted this and tried to by-pass the firewalls, but it still did not fix the problem.  

j262byuu
Calcite | Level 5

Bypass the fireware does not solve the problem +1

I tried re-install java and it also doesn't work

But here's something interesting, my SAS had around 10% chance starting without any problems

dylsmith
Fluorite | Level 6
Just to clarify, what's working for me is not to bypass the firewall, but rather to switch off "real time protection" in Virus and Threat protection settings. This is a different section than the firewall settings in windows. I realize we may be all talking about the same thing-just making sure.
I just tested it again-SAS first loaded with the usual error. I exited, turned off real time protection, and it started normally. This has worked 100% of the time for two weeks.
However, of course it's always the case that individual systems might produce different results. And I have no doubt it might stop working for me as well.

j262byuu
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the clarification. However I still have no luck in turn off the real time protection...

pdebanes
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same problem...have you found any solution? 

Thank you

Surface
Fluorite | Level 6
I haven't solved the problem yet. I'm using Windows 8.1 now
wi77777
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same problem after I upgrate to windows creators update....

hugorm
Fluorite | Level 6

Exactly the same error. hope soon they tell us how to fixit. regards.

AndreasMenrath
Pyrite | Level 9

tl;dr: the solution:

turn off Windows Defender or add SAS to the exclusion list of Windows Defender so that it is not scanned.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats