BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

aaa.JPG
Hello everyone,

If a dataset was signed from an odbc,when I right click the dataset in explore of SAS, it can't show how many rows and waht is the create date. why?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

did you use

schema=dbo; ?

Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Just right click my mouse on the  dataset,I just add a picture,you can see it.

Thanks

Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

below is my libname statment:

libname x odbc dsn=**** uid=**** password=**** schema=dbo;

can you see a screen like the attached screen shot? if so you can click the columns tab.

odbc.png
Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Linlin,

The column tab only show informaton of column,I want to check how many rows in the dataset and the create date.

these informations locate at general tab.

Thanks

Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

How Do I Look it Up If I Cannot Spell It: An Introduction to SAS® Dictionary Tables?

Thanks

Ksharp
Super User

The best way is entering the DataBase(DB2 Sybase ...) your ODBC connected and use their SQL to query these information. Can you connect with the Administrator of these database ?

Ksharp

Ksharp
Super User

Chris,

I don't think it can check the size or create-time of the table.

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

You might be right.

It works with oracle so I assumed it worked for most common sas/access engines.

Mike can you confirm when you have tried?

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Mike,

I Guess you cannot get created date information using base SAS for odbc library,but you can get this information for sas datasets.

If you want to know create date information you can login to sqlserver and properties you will get that.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Shiva

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation