BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ssas
Calcite | Level 5
Hi I would like to import spss data into sas.
unfortunatly I have only sas anlytics pro ( and also sas enterprise guide), i don't have SAS/Access.
Is there any way that i can import spss data into sas.
Thanks in advance Message was edited by: ssas
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
There are references in the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website and also in the forum archives.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Recommended Google advanced search argument, this topic/post:

import spss data site:sas.com
RickM
Fluorite | Level 6
Look up proc import. It should be able to handle .sav files.
ssas
Calcite | Level 5
when i contacted sas technical team, they advised me to save the spss file as .por
and import into the sas. it's working well to some extent.
but some of the variables are unable to read( with some wild chars.) I contacted them again and will see what they say!!
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
"but some of the variables are unable to read( with some wild chars.) "

The variable name or the variable values? If it's the name then use in step 2 of the import wizard this option "....comply with SAS naming standards...".

You could also try to export your SPSS data to Excel and import this - but according to the docu a .por file is the best way to go.

Cheers
Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation