BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi. I am running sas 9.2 ts1 on vista ultimate x64 with 8gb of ram and 20gb virtual memory allocated. One of my datasets is >9gb. Every time I try to run a procedure (i've tried data step and sort), the memory usage shown on the windows task manager spikes up rapidly to use up all available system memory following which the machine freezes forcing me into a hard reboot. I've tried setting memory allocation as follows:
-realmemsize 2G
-sortsize 2G
-memsize 2G
-maxmemquery max
sumsize=2G
However, this doesn't help either. The confusing part is that on the task manager i don't see any program consuming too much memory. sas.exe is shown to use only about 80M.
If I cancel the data step, if the memory usage is at 81% at the time, then it stops there while the confirmation window pops up. After I confirm the cancellation, the memory usage drops back.
I never had this issue with SAS 9.1.3 on vista x32. I have tried everything I could think of and searched extensively but haven't found a solution, and my research is stuck because of that. If any one has any insights, it would help immensely.
I've uploaded a screen capture to highlight what's going on:
http://screencast.com/t/pDSYT6nvf
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
sounds like a real reason to ask the experts via Customer Support, or the forms at http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation