BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9
is there a keyboard combo for "submit" similar to ctrl + e for clearing the output?
14 REPLIES 14
RickM
Fluorite | Level 6
Submit on windows is F8
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9
thanks. apparently, my 'F' keys aren't working
ballardw
Super User
Try pressing F9. That may bring up the KEYS window.
You can enter commands such as SUBMIT for any of the key choices shown.
If F9 doesn't work and the SAS command box is in you tool bar type KEYS and press enter to start the window.
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9
I found KEYS under the TOOLS menu and I typed submit beside CTL G.

when i presse CTRL G, I get a pop up box and says to enter the line number. When I click ok,nothing happens.
RickM
Fluorite | Level 6
CTRT+G is already a shortcut for goto line (I don't know why it isn't listed in the dmkeys section but it is in Enhanced Editor Keys). Try using CTRL+J instead.
SAS333
Calcite | Level 5
Ctrl+G doesn't work as it works as go to line by default. Try assigning "SUBMIT" to CTR+J. This works perfectly.
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes, it does work perfectly. Thanks.

What does "zoom off; submit" mean?
RickM
Fluorite | Level 6
I think the "zoom off" is if you have the editor maximazed SAS will first restore the window and then submit the program.
SAS333
Calcite | Level 5
"Zoom off; Submit" this command restores down the program editor window and runs the code. So that you can see the log running. This will be useful when you are working on Proc Download.
ballardw
Super User
Here are a couple of other things to add to the KEYS menu:

If you use a lot of PROC PRINT just to look at the last data created try this:
vt _last_ mode=edit;

To clear out the results, output and log window and return to the enhanced editor:
odsresults;select all;clear;log;clear;wpgm;
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9
this sounds helpful. I'm not sure where to put vt _last_ mode=edit;

do i assign it to an available KEY?
yaswoman
Calcite | Level 5
I use the PF12 key and it clears both the output and the log, I looked at my keys setup and did not see any customized setup and yet it works. Try it, see if it works for you.
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9
i don't what you mean by PF12 key. I have an F12 key.
yaswoman
Calcite | Level 5
Sorry I meant F12.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation