BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
xian
Calcite | Level 5

Can anyone tell me how to use proc upload to transfer a graphic template from my local machine to a server? I'm using the following code. It didn't give me any error message, but the template was not transferred.

options comamid=TCP connectpersist connectremove=<servername> connectstatus connectwait signonwait;

signon <servername> user=<username> password=<password> notify=YES;

rsubmit <servername>;

libname myoutlib <path on the server>;

proc upload inlib=<libname on my local computer> outlib=myoutlib;

select Templat(memtype=itemstor); /* I'm trying the transfer the template: inlib.Templat */

run;

endrsubmit;

signoff;

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It was my understanding that you cannot transfer item stores across platforms. You might want to verify this with Tech Support. Item Stores (where templates and the SAS registry are stored) are binary file formats and cannot be transferred from one system to another. For templates, this is why we recommend that you maintain a separate library of your .SAS programs that create the templates. Because you have to recreate the templates on a new system.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation