BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

hi all,

ERROR for ODBC library : "THE ODBC ENGINE CANNOT BE FOUND. ERROR IN LIBNAME STATEMENT"

ERROR for BASE library : " Libname ABC not avilbale for user. error in libname statement"

i am getting this error message when i try to run odbc and base libname statement.

right now i don't have essential SAS/ACCESS interface to ODBC so if i install this essential- is that good enough to get rid off this error?

my second question is SAS support told me that download "SAS DOWNLOAD MANAGER" and then i will get that essential from it. so wanted to know what does "SAS DOWNLOAD MANAGER" do?

please advise...

Thanks,

sam

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Is this a new install of SAS?

If so, ODBC and SAS/ACCESS aren't installed by default you need to check them off when you install. Best solution is to go back to your install media (download/disks) and reinstall the ODBC/ACCESS portion.

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

its not new installment. i have already on borad- the thing is don't have - "SAS/ACCESS interface to ODBC"-

Thanks.

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

as i said before-  i have SAS installed on my machine and need to get sas/accsss interface for ODBC- my question is,

- is this will change or affects my server existing installation?

- is this will change or affects my local machine's existing installlation?

- what are the steps that i can follow, after this SAS DOWNLOAD MANAGER installed on machine, to get "sas/accsss interface to ODBC" tool?

please advise.

Thanks.

Rambill
Calcite | Level 5

SAS Download Manager - This software is needed for you to download your software order from SAS FTP site. Whiel downloading the software, it will create a SAS Depot by dault with all your orders.

If you already dont have software depot, then do this which will be useful for you to handle the software instead of having multiple disks where as you can also create the same software depot from Disk if you have.

In addition to the install of SAS Access interface to ODBC, you may need to do configuration work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation