BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
skipper
Calcite | Level 5

I have code like

libname home "C:\My SAS Files\";

libname folder1 "C:\My SAS Files\folder1\";

libname folder2 "C:\My SAS Files\folder2\";

etc...

which I have to run at startup to get my folders up into the system,

is there a way to do this automatically? without manual labor ever time I open SAS?up

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If  you use PC SAS, please check the attached screenshots. make sure the "enable at startup" is checked.

part2.pngcreate per. library.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If  you use PC SAS, please check the attached screenshots. make sure the "enable at startup" is checked.

part2.pngcreate per. library.png
RickM
Fluorite | Level 6

It is also possible (I think) to add these to the config file "SASV9.CFG".  You could then copy this file to use on other workstations, etc. and this could be quicker than saving the libs one by one if you have a lot of them.  You could also create a program to read a spreadsheet with the libraries/paths and programmatically assign them at the beginning of a program.  A compiled macro to do this would be a good idea too.

Good luck!

MikeZdeb
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

hi ... if you create a file named AUTOEXEC.SAS in the folder where SAS.EXE is located, all statements in that file are executed at startup

one advantage, you get another PC ... use the same file rather than customizing using SAS windows-based commands

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation