BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ruhi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all

I have a got a data from a study, in which some measures are computed on children at the beginning of study and later after intervention. But unfortunately many parents didn't wanted to participate after intervention . So we have outcome measure for only 10 subjects. We spent time and money in this project and now we don't want to throw it in trash just because we have observations for only 10 subjects.  Can we still do something????

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

I wouldn't trust any conclusion from such a study. Not because of the low sample size, that can be dealt with statistics, but because I would expect the choice to continue participation after intervention depended on the outcome and was not random. 

I can only hope that some of the wasted money did at least benefit some children.

PG

PG
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I would report the median and the range of the differences, and specify that the results are per protocol, rather than intention to treat.

Steve Denham

Reeza
Super User

Why didn't parents want to participate after intervention?

Your learnings may not be quantifiable.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation