BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi.....I am wondering whether it is possible to put restrictions on the access to certain fields (variables) depending on the user who opens the file. I want to be able to give access to certain information ( variables) to certain users by defining which user can have access to certain fields in the database. I am not even sure even if this is possible. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It's possible but we need to know more about your environment to help. Do you use metadata sever? In what DB/engine  is your data stored?

Data never sleeps
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

This is possible with external DBMS systems as being a job of the DBA. One common approach with that is the creation of views.

With SAS you could have similar views build with information map studio for restricted programmed users access (Stored processes). The bottom line is that none of them are structural approaches that can become easily a part of some business process.  The approaches with SAS are more cosmetic as fundamental.   

A better approach could be splitting the table according security requirements. and only join the tables (may be a view) when needed. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation