BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
telescopic
Calcite | Level 5

Question for the external reference to directory, the following does not work because of the space at "Desktop 2012". How should i correct it when there is a space in the directory name?

filename Saledata 'C:\Users\Jeff\Desktop 2012\sale.txt';

Thank you

Elvin

2 REPLIES 2
art297
Opal | Level 21

How about enclosing it with double rather than single quotes?

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Normally that syntax should work.  It is when you try to use the paths with spaces or other special characters in a operating system command that you need the quotes.  Embed double quotes inside the outerquotes.

filename xx '"c:\My Documents\xx.txt"';

You can also use dquotes on the outside (for SAS) so that SAS will resolve macro references.  In this cause the internal quotes need to be doubled up so that SAS knows they are not the end of the quote.

filename xx """c:\My Documents\xx.txt""";

You can make it easier to type by using the quote() function.

filename xx %sysfunc(quote("c:\My Documents\xx.txt"));

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation