BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yilaoshi
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
I've got the basics of proc tabulate down, but have a few questions and hoping there's a solution that doesn't require some sort of programming degree. I've created a demographic table that prints the n and % in two rows for each category, e.g. male, female, but I'd like them to end up in one cell or row with percent followed by n in parenthese [% (n)], e.g. 21.5 (30). I've been just manipulating the data later in Excel, but just wondering if there's a way to output it the way I want it.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
PROC TABULATE may not be the best procedure for the job, if you really need to have both numbers in one cell. Most folks who produce that kind of demographic report that you describe either use PROC REPORT or with a DATA step program.

If you look at this paper, there are some examples of creating 3 different demographic reports using PROC REPORT and DATA _NULL_.
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2008/173-2008.pdf

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation