BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

hi guys,

i need your thoughts/ideas.....  on this please Smiley Happy

i work for a  news company and they are implementing SAS.I would be asked to do daily reports on how the sales goes each day of the week.The dataset would have 2-3 news papers with the type of subscription (new subscribers,returning users,users who would cancel.. and each subscription would be either with a  fee or free of charge and with the counts for each of them.I would also need to compare the results(counts) of the current day with the ones from the last 7 days prior to the current date.I am thinking proc tabulate where row dimension would be the three news papers and the column dimension being the different subscriptions broken down to (charge or  free of charge ).But then how would i compare the counts of the current  with the ones from the last 7 days prior to it? Maybe having the days of the week as page dimensions?

Any thoughts please ? Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

This discussion would be better informed if there was some sample data to review which would provide some idea of the current dataset structure. In addition, what code have you already tried? What are your desired output results (HTML, RTF, PDF?)  Are you using formats? Do you have to change the data or create special variables in order to determine the 7 days prior? It seems to me that every day, you have a new day coming on and an old day rolling off. Knowing the structure of the data and how much data manipulation needs to be done will be important.

cynthia

Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

hey Cynthia,here is some sample of the data

date newspaper subscr. item_type  cost;

12/12/12/ nytimes newuser free_of charge 0;

12/12/12/ nytimes opt-out   paid    $2

12/12/12/ toronto_star restarter paid $2.5

lets say desired output-excel.I could use formats if i get more types of subscribers who would not bring good revenue  in total.What do you mean change the data? There wont be data to compare the first daily report with.The second daily report should be compared with the first.The third daily report gets compared with the first two and so on.. Do i make any sensen ? Smiley Happy

Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

i mean i am supposed to check whether the # of newuser(free of charge or charge) for 13/12/12 would be less or more then the # of same type on 12/12/12

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation