BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ja_lew
Fluorite | Level 6

proc report nowd data=  r2011 missing split='|';

column

cmpgn_cat

apprate;

define cmpgn_cat / '' style(column)={font_face=calibri background=white foreground=black font_size=1} format=$catfmt.;

define apprate / style(column)={font_face=calibri background=white foreground=black font_size=1} order descending format=percent8.2 '';

compute before / style={font_weight=bold font_face=calibri font_size=1 foreground=white background=cx808000 frame=void borderwidth=0 bordercolor=cx000000};

linetext = 'Recapture/Acquisition';

line @1 linetext $30.;

endcomp;

run;

how do i get proc report to display all values?  as in the picture cat3 and cat4 are both 0.18% but only displays the first instance of that value.  is there a way to have it show all?

procreport.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
7 REPLIES 7
art297
Opal | Level 21

Can you also post your data file?

ja_lew
Fluorite | Level 6

i can create a dummy file, unfortunately the data is restricted by confidentiality agreements.  gimme a few minutes.

ja_lew
Fluorite | Level 6

proc report nowd data=  r2011_copy missing split='|';

where flag = 'a';

column

cmpgn_cat

fundrate;

define cmpgn_cat / '' style(column)={font_face=calibri background=white foreground=black font_size=1} format=$catfmt.;

define fundrate / style(column)={font_face=calibri background=white foreground=black font_size=1} order descending format=percent8.2 '';

compute before / style={font_weight=bold font_face=calibri font_size=1

foreground=white background=cx800080

frame=void borderwidth=0 bordercolor=cx000000};

linetext = 'Acquisition fund';

line @1 linetext $30.;

endcomp;

run;

you'll see with rounding cat9 and cat10 both are 0.18% and only display for 1 category.

art297
Opal | Level 21

I am definitely NOT an expert with proc report, but I think that is the proc's action when an order statement is included.  Would you get want you want if you left the order out and, instead, presorted your data?  e.g.:

proc sort data=r2011;

by descending apprate;

run;

proc report nowd data=  r2011 missing split='|';

column

cmpgn_cat

apprate;

define apprate / style(column)={font_face=calibri background=white foreground=black font_size=1} /*order descending*/ format=percent8.2 '';

compute before / style={font_weight=bold font_face=calibri font_size=1 foreground=white background=cx808000 frame=void borderwidth=0 bordercolor=cx000000};

linetext = 'Recapture/Acquisition';

line @1 linetext $30.;

endcomp;

run;

ja_lew
Fluorite | Level 6

i very well could and yes that resolves the issue however it's not as 'automated' as I would like.  the entire report has around 70-80 reports based on different metrics and it's rare that the rounding issue shows up.  i dont know how feasible it would be to recode with proc sorts everytime that instance comes up.  i guess im kinda hoping that there is a way to use order descending and have it display all values.. maybe wishful thinking..

art297
Opal | Level 21

The following post describes a couple of ways to do it: http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0301d&L=sas-l&H=1&P=39488

ja_lew
Fluorite | Level 6

perfect!!! not very elegant but it works thanks Art!  with a lil bit of recoding i'll have this done.  nice.

proc report nowd data=  r2011_copy missing split='|';

where flag = 'a';

column

cmpgn_cat

fundrate

newfund;

define newfund /computed format=percent8.2;

define fundrate / noprint style(column)={font_face=calibri background=white foreground=black font_size=1} order descending format=percent8.2 '';

compute newfund;

if fundrate ^= '' then _fundrate = fundrate;

newfund = _fundrate;

endcomp;

compute before / style={font_weight=bold font_face=calibri font_size=1

foreground=white background=cx800080

frame=void borderwidth=0 bordercolor=cx000000};

linetext = 'Acquisition fund';

line @1 linetext $30.;

endcomp;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation