BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Can anyone help me use this procedure?

I am trying to replace a dataset on a metdata library with a dataset currently in the work directory. They have the same fields but will have slightly different number of rows.

Sounds simple but I can't do it using a simple datastep, it says I don't have permission and I should use a proc metalib. Message was edited by: cstanyer
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
SAS support site - Google advanced search argument below generates several matching documents for review/consideration:

"proc metalib" site:sas.com

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
From what you describe I don't think Proc Metalib is what you're aiming for.

Proc Metalib synchronises physical SAS tables with Metadata definitions for SAS tables.

Metadata contains only data about data - in the case of a SAS table the metadata would be things like: In what library is the table, what variables with what formats, informats,... are in it, etc.

Therefore something like a "dataset on a metadata library" can't be; there is only a metadata table definition pointing to a physical SAS table.

As long as you can access the physical SAS table directly (libname myds 'path where target SAS table is stored';) you can ignore the metadata at all for what you want to do.

HTH
Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation