BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sam369
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

i have a question on formats. we created som formate in 2009 version on sas is 8.2. now we are using sas9.2. now i am unable to read those formats

test code

libname  data "newdata" access=readonly;

libname  form "oldformatpath/formats' access=readonly;

proc format lib=work cntlin=form.formats;

options fmtsearch=(work);

getting error on log:

error:File form.formats.data does not exits.

How to read those old formats on new version. Any thoughts on this

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

You probably need to create an output file from the formats in the FORM library first:

proc format library=form cntlout=work.cntlin; run; /8 actually I would put this in a permanent library but since the only ones you reference you have made readonly the dataset can't be created there*/

proc format library= work cntlin=work.cntlin;run;

You don't mention if the OS for the 8.2 version was the same as current. If not, there will be some other issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You probably need to create an output file from the formats in the FORM library first:

proc format library=form cntlout=work.cntlin; run; /8 actually I would put this in a permanent library but since the only ones you reference you have made readonly the dataset can't be created there*/

proc format library= work cntlin=work.cntlin;run;

You don't mention if the OS for the 8.2 version was the same as current. If not, there will be some other issues.

sam369
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ballardw,

Thank you for your response , i applied what you suggested. i am getting error like

ERROR: File FORM.FORMATS.CATALOG was created for a different operating system.

now i am using on Unix. how to resolve this format issue

Thanks

Sam

ballardw
Super User

If you have a machine with the previous OS and a SAS license, then use that to create the CNTLOUT output data set from the library. Then create a transport data set and import to the Unix systm. Or find the code that created the formats.

I'm sure there are other methods as well.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation